Wellbeing at Holden Lane
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded the Wellbeing Award for Schools (WAS). We have worked hard to achieve the eight objectives of the award led by our Wellbeing Leaders Mrs Reece and Mrs Pellington.
The award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award will enable us to develop these practices where necessary and help us to ensure that wellbeing is embedded in the long-term
culture of our school. It will help us to continue to ensure there is an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting positive mental health as part of everyday school life
- Improving the emotional wellbeing of our staff and pupils
- Ensuring mental health difficulties are identified early and appropriate support is provided
- Offering provision and interventions that match the needs of our pupils and staff
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues.
You can read more about the Wellbeing Award for Schools here: https://www.awardplace.co.uk/award/was